18 August 2009

Vehicle Borne IED

About one hour ago a vehicle borne IED was detonated on Jalalabad Road killing several people. So far there haven't been any reports on the incident, but I know it was big because its location was about one kilometer from the Commission and we could hear and feel it in the office. The rumor is that there are several more bombers ready to attack. Almost every foreign government and UN agency has prohibited movement for the time being, and the road has been closed, so I may be stuck here for a while.

Today's attack was the fourth in the last three weeks. The first two I blogged about, and the third and fourth happened today (earlier this morning a number of rockets were launched into Sesh-Darak, the neighborhood that houses the NATO-ISAF compound). Although Kabul is big, I seem to be on the Taliban target map as all four attacks have taken place in close vicinity to my house or workplace.

No comments:

Post a Comment